Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 19

Yesterday was a good Sunday. Had breakfast with my mom and sister and the dogs at OHSO, ran some errands, watched more Homeland. I needed to buy new sheets and went to Homegoods to get them. I was very excited to see a set of Diane von Furstenburg super soft sheets for only $16.99, but when I got home and laid them out, turned out to only be the top sheet.. No matching fitted sheet, no pillow cases. Big bummer, but the sheet was super soft and cozy so I decided to keep it anyway.

The day ended with the series finale of Breaking Bad, a show I've been following not since the beginning, but for awhile now. I'm relieved that I feel satisfied from the finale, but still sad not to have those characters in my life anymore. It's crazy how attached we become to our tv families, isn't it?

And for Day 19, I tried yet another recipe. Baked Mahi Mahi with a Wine & Herb Sauce. This recipe ended up being a complete dud.. And I was pretty bummed to say the least. I can't remember the last time I tried a new recipe and it didn't turn out awesome, so I felt defeated. It took a lot of prep time, the ingredients sounded so good, and the fish was fresh, but when the SO took his first bite and said "It tastes like chicken", I knew it was doomed. Just so bland and flavorless, despite the awesome ingredients of fresh rosemary from my flower box garden, my favorite Whole Foods wine, fresh lemon juice, thyme, etc. But that's okay, you win some you lose some. Cooking fish is new to me, so I'm bound to have a couple of fails here and there. Even though it didn't give me the turn out I had hoped, at least I tried another new recipe and completely a task for Day 19.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment