Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 8

For Day 8 I did a little retail therapy since I've been having kind of a rough go of it at work this week. It's hard to butt heads with someone as stubborn as myself, and usually results in an unsolvable argument. I know it'll be worked out soon, but it's been getting me down the past couple of days. So to get my mind off of things at work, I went to Ikea.

I had a purpose when I went. I was determined to finally get a white frame for an art print the SO made me awhile back that has been sadly staring at me from the floor while it waits for a frame. So I finally got one. I also had intentions to buy a couple of art shelves for the framed portraits I've been collecting and haven't been able to hang yet, but unfortunately Ikea only had black and I really wanted white, and didn't want to bother with the spray paint thing unless I really had to, so I figured I would check online first.

So did I leave Ikea with just the frame and consider myself defeated after not finding the correct shelves? Of course I did.. Not.. I ended up with seven items in my cart.. How did this cart even get in my hands? Why would anyone who wasn't going to buy more than a picture frame and shelf need a cart? Oh I know why, to store the items I totally didn't need to buy but ended up in my cart anyway! I mean, the average person can't hold seven (yes, I ended up with seven items..) in their arms comfortably to the check out line, right? Especially at Ikea where they don't even give you a shopping bag for the small items you get.. What's that about anyway?

And you know what? I don't feel guilty. Some of these things I've been wanting or needing for the apartment and found a really excellent deal on them, so I decided to splurge a little. And is $50 total really a splurge for seven items? I think not!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment