Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 2

I spent most of my day taking it easy and recovering from last night's lovely ordeal before going to work tonight. Sometimes we need to let our bodies relax and heal when we have the chance, so I took that chance. Now I am at work, obviously working very hard on work-related things.

So for Day 3 while at work, I wrote to a new pen pal. I signed up awhile ago with an organization called Soldier's Angels to be matched with a pen pal who is over seas right now. I have had two pen pals through this group who have both made it safely home, and I was just assigned a new pen pal last week. So today I sent him a nice long letter complete with envelopes and stamps so that he can write back easily. Next week I will send him some of those Mio drink mixes as he requested because he says water can get very boring over there.

It may not seem like a big deal, but it's something I get joy from. Regardless of the fact that I typed out the whole letter just to have it crash right before printing and having to re-write the whole thing. I have a few pen pals from different places, friends who have moved away or that I have moved away from. It's not the quickest way to keep in contact by any means, but I have collected beautiful post cards that were sent to me, and I try to send unique ones as well. It's a reminder of where I or my friends were at during each point of our lives all there in writing on the back of a small piece of art.

And besides, no one can deny how exciting it is to receive a piece of snail mail in their mailboxes.

The most exciting part of my day - booking the hotel room for my trip to Chicago that is exactly one month away! Also booked a food tour through Chicago Food Planet Tours, which is something I didn't even know existed, but should be a really good way to eat my way through Chicago (just what I need?) next month. It has been a few years since I have traveled to a new place, and I could not be more excited to explore! Recommendations are encouraged!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment