Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 6

Another busy but very productive day.

I had a great Life Drawing class today. First of all, we had two models - one who had a shaved head which I find gorgeous, and the other looked just like Modern Family's Sarah Hyland. I have never done live nude drawing with pen, only with charcoal, so although it was challenging, it was really fun. My hippie teacher gave me a feather pen he had made yesterday to work with today and told me I look like Thomas Jefferson while I was drawing. Obviously I took it as a compliment. He told me the goose who provided the feather did not die in vain. Another worthy compliment. Here are some of my two-minute warm up sketches from today.

After class I went to Sprouts to buy groceries for the meal I made for dinner, which I will get into later. I love the fresh fruits and vegetables Sprouts has, they are locally grown and so inexpensive. You know how hard it is to find avocados for $0.48? Thank goodness for that.

I took a quick power nap, and then cleaned the entire apartment - something I've been putting off for weeks now (specifically my room). I cleaned all the dishes, counters, toilet, bathroom, cleaned off my desk (which was piled with various paper and jewelry making items), folded and hung up all of my clothes, and put my sheets in the wash. I felt very accomplished after, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to sleep very well tonight in my clean room and bed.

After that, for Day 6 I cooked a delicious meal for my roommate and S.O. Ahi Tuna with a cilantro lime dressing, and mushroom quinoa. I had never cooked Ahi Tuna, nor had I ever cooked quinoa before so I was a little nervous, but it turned out to be a great success and I received rave reviews from both eaters. I will post the recipe with the photo my SO took following this one. I thank my darling seester for introducing this meal to me. I love cooking for others, and it's great to have some really appreciative foodies as my audience!

So altogether a very productive day, that's ending with a very hefty class of wine (following the delicious blood orange/lime cocktail Emily made before dinner). Just call me Susie Homemaker!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment