Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Welcome Blogging World

After taking a medication that caused me to gain a bunch of excess weight, have my skin freak out, lose my sex drive, lose motivation and have an overall poor image of myself, I am finally starting to feel like myself again being off the medication for a few months now. But I still have plenty of work to do on myself.

The intention of this blog is to force myself to do at least one good thing for myself every single day. I plan to eat healthy (most of the time, after all I am a major foodie) practice yoga, create something, work with my hands, better my not-so-great writing, but mostly I want to become more comfortable and confident with myself. Seems like an easy enough thing to do right? But we don't account for the bad days when work is wearing and that midterm kicked your ass and your friends ditched you and all you want to do is bitch and moan about it. Or the days where you finally have free time and instead of doing something productive, you sit on the couch and watch Friends all afternoon, and then feel guilty about it later. First world problems, right?

I want to feel great about at least one thing that happened during my day, every single day, no matter how bad my day was. I want to wake up and plan out that one great thing I'm going to do for the day, and hopefully other great things will happen that day as well.

I never thought I would be one of the tens of millions of people who have a blog, but alas here I am. If I have someone reading this great, and if you want to give me feedback please feel free. If you can relate to anything I have to say, consider me a buddy and do share. If you tell your friends to read my blog because of my hilarious witty banter, superb, the confidence boost is very much welcome here. But honestly the whole point of this project is to commit to doing something every single day for 365 days, and I am using the internet to hold me accountable to the commitment. There is no hiding, all the posts are there, dated and time stamped, for not only myself to read, but whoever happens to stumble upon my humble little blog.

In this blog look for recipes, mostly healthy to keep me on track (mostly, after all I am a chocolate lover at heart), but don't expect a health-nut-juicer who pretends she's not hungry after drinking that green crap in the morning. Expect DIY projects I have tried (succeeded or failed) because that's something I love to do as a struggling college student with expensive taste (thanks Grandma for that genetic trait). Look for silly stories from my past or present, rants to get things off my chest, and basically whatever I damn well please because I am a twenty-something with a mission.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment