Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day 3

Today was a crazy busy work day, I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. But got a lot accomplished, handled some last minute mishaps, and made money. I had made a delicious salad the night before - peppered chicken, fresh romaine and iceberg lettuce, crunchy bits and some oriental dressing (nothing extravagant, but tasty nonetheless) - brought it into work last night and was looking forward to eating it for lunch today, but someone had stolen it. Jerk. I was very upset to say the least. So I posted this on the office fridge.


So that put a damper on my afternoon, but I got over it and laughed about it with some of my coworkers. Still not sure who took it though..

After work we took Roxy, my mom's adorable six year old Collie who I am taking care of this weekend, on a little coffee date to Seattle Espresso. My mom rescued her about two weeks ago, and it has taken no time at all for her to become acclimated to our family. She's very sweet but also clumsy and awkward which I love. She gets a ton of attention when she's out and about and loves meeting new people and especially new dogs. Here she is loving life on our date.


It wasn't until after the date that she decided to poop all over the living room when we ran to the store for ten minutes and be an anti-social weirdo the rest of the night. I think she's having abandonment issues from my mom being gone. I'll just keep showing her my love and hopefully she'll be okay.

And for Day 3, I am having a lovely girl's night with Emily. We got some supplies at the store (Cheap wine and plenty of fresh fruit for Blood Orange Sangria. Oh, and more cheap wine.), and we will probably watch girly movies in our underwear, because yes, that's what girls do. At least these girls. It's important to me to dedicate time to just hanging out with a good friend. I'm not a huge "Night on the Town" kind of twenty-something, so hanging out drinking, relaxing, and laughing is my kind of Saturday night. 

So it's been a day of highs and lows. Hopefully I can get my butt in gear tomorrow and be active instead of giving in to a lazy Sunday.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment