Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 20, 21 & 22

Wow, I have been seriously slacking on updating this. I'm so sorry to my many many followers who hang on my every word and check daily to see what I did for myself. Don't worry, I'll bring you up to speed on my week.

On Monday for Day 20, I decided to take a personal day. After class in the morning I decided not to go to work and instead go the next day. I didn't have the SO over. I didn't pick up the work I've been putting off, and I didn't put my mind on anything I didn't want to. I think it's important to spend a day like that every now and then, to just let your brain rest. I caught up on Homeland (needed to finish it so I could get back to the real world), I had a healthy dinner, and I had a great night of sleep. Worth it.

On Tuesday for Day 21, I made dinner and hosted a few friends. The SO, his brother, and Emily. There was plenty of wine, and food and everyone seemed to have a good time. I made the enchiladas for everyone, this time with a side of Spanish rice, and they were successful. Lots of good conversation and laughs, and it was good to spend time with people after spending the day before alone. It's all about balance people!

On Wednesday for Day 22, I came up with a plan at work. I am hosting a huge work event on Friday, and I'm feeling a lot of pressure because it is the first time I've hosted this large of an event since I've been in this position, and it will reflect on how well (or not) I do my job. So to be prepared, I wrote out a big list of what needs to happen before the event, and a schedule of what needs to happen the day of the event, as well as during the time of the event. I planned who will be responsible for what job, and we will all be having a brief meeting before the event to all get on the same page. I know it's probably common sense to do something like this, but I included it in this challenge because it made me feel better myself in my work life by feeling more prepared and empowered that I can pull this event off. Wish me luck!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment